Five for Friday: In the Holiday Spirit!

Today, to get me out of my blogging funk and get into the holiday spirit,  I’m linking up with Mar for Five for Friday!

1.)  Yesterday, my office hosted a Christmas party for all of the military families in the West Point community.  It was an absolute blast.  When we were signing up for our roles a few weeks ago, I decided to take the lead on monitoring Santa’s line.  Instantly, I thought that I should dress as an elf.  And, what a great way to repurpose my red Sparkle Skirt!  Sparkle Athletic

I received tons of compliments on my skirt and I even met an avid runner amongst the mix!  She commented that she was a fan of Sparkle Athletics for her runDisney races.  Hello!  How AWESOME!  Since I am new to my position, this was the perfect way to introduce myself to members of the community and chat with all of the children about their Christmas dreams.  And, what made it even more special was getting to have Cora come at the end of the event.  She loved meeting Santa and chatted with him for quite a bit.  Who knows what she was was telling him!

santa

2.)  Yesterday we also received our Christmas tree from Trees for Troops.  Thanks to the Christmas Spirit Foundation and FedEx, this amazing program provides free farm growth Christmas trees to US armed forces members through donations, sponsorships, grants and the work of volunteers.

trees for troops3.)  I need to decorate for the holidays!  We have part Thanskgiving and part Christmas going on…  Hoping to remedy this over the weekend.

4.)  I’m going to give running another shot this weekend.  Things just weren’t working the way they did before the marathon so I took a really long break from running.  Hopefully it will help so that I can get back on track with building my mileage for the Disney Princess Half Marathon!  Plus, I miss it!

5.)  Speaking of runDisney, I also started planning my February trip this week.  Holy cow were flights out of control!  Fingers crossed that I can sort out my travel arrangements before the holidays.

Do any of you have plans to break out some sparkle for the holidays?  Who visited with Santa already this year?

Lisa

Comments

1. Mar @ Mar on the Run says:

Yay, thanks for linking up!! I love the elf costume 🙂 and you just reminded me I need to get myself together for Princess – haven't made ANY travel arrangements.

• Lisa_Cupcake says:

I have plane tickets! That counts for something right 🙂 Now, on to the rental car and hotel! Let me know when you are planning on going!!

2. Cynthia @YouSignedUp says:

I have my flight set for February's Glass Slipper Challenge, but now have to defer for medical reasons! Ack. I guess I have to reschedule it. 🙁

That's great you had a part for the military families and ordered through Trees for Troops – more meaning to the holiday season.
    My recent post Friday Five: December Randomness

3. My tree is up but not decorated so that's on the schedule for tomorrow! I LOVE this time of year 🙂 Hope your run this weekend is successful!
    My recent post Friday Five December Edition

• Lisa_Cupcake says:

Thanks Courtney! Today we ended up getting mostly decorated. I still can't believe Christmas is so soon. Hello denial! I love this time of year too but I feel like it is just flying by.

4. Love that photo of you, Cora and santa! I think it's hilarious when kids talk to Santa for a while…I'm sure the Santas always get an earfull 🙂
    My recent post Giveaway: Magical Miles, The Runners Guide to WDW

• Lisa_Cupcake says:

Seriously! I had the best job monitoring Santa's line. I would catch an earful every now and then and it was so sweet! And this Santa was awesome. He did not rush the kids at all so they had plenty of time to chat him up. It was great.

5. I can't believe Christmas is so close! I'm glad you're finding so many fun things to do to get ready for your first Christmas in the new place! 🙂
    My recent post Friday Five: Lovin' December

• Lisa_Cupcake says:

Yes, it is an awesome new home to decorate. And despite starting a new job right before the holidays, it is a really fun time of year to be a part of there! Hope your holidays are going well Lindsey!

6. I wore my green sparkle skirt as part of my Ugly Sweater Run costume. It was fantastic. I need to randomly wear that out to buy groceries, just to see people's reactions.
    My recent post Winter Weather Advisory: Flight Delays, Wine Bars, and Winter Training Options

• Lisa_Cupcake says:

It's a great way to weed out the runners in the crowd, that's for sure! I don't know if I would be bold enough to wear it grocery shopping though!

7. haha, love the sparkle skirt! i have actually never worn such sparkle on race day, but have added it to my to-do list ASAP. thanks for the tip!
    My recent post cold run & hot soup

• Lisa_Cupcake says:

It's a lot of fun. For me, it tends to take the pressure off things. It's hard to take life (and a race) too seriously if you are dressed in a sparkling skirt!

8. Not sure how I missed your post until today, but the Santa photo of you and your daughter is precious. Glad you are getting back to running. I need to book my flights for February too….guess I will have sticker shock as well!
    My recent post What's on my feet

• Lisa_Cupcake says:

Speaking of Princess, is there a way to convince Christine to run?! It just seems wrong that she won't be there!